GamingFora banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Otaku Admin
MONSTER HUNTER RISE
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came into this game with somewhat low expectations of it because I've played the older ones and while they were entertaining, it wasn't ground breaking. BUT OMG this game made me laugh so hard and felt so deeply about all the characters I've encountered so far. Definitely cheesy storylines but it's a Japanese game about an ex-yakuza. it it's gotta be mad cheesy. I'm not gonna talk about the storyline so nothing is being spoiled there except for some screenshot, so beware!! I took the screenshots from the internet since I've been streaming the game on twitch and didn't have time to make my own :p

Anyways, I don't know if it's because I'm still in the beginning of the game so it's just a lot of build up but the game keeps changing and they put a lot of care in the new battle system, changing to turn based (for the better), and using Ichiban's "imagination" to play it like a Dragon Quest style fight. This is great, I'm at the point where I treat all the characters like they an element and a class.

The two minigames I've played so far:

I gave up on the pachinko slots very early on in the game when I lost almost all my money, so let this be a lesson for everyone that's playing this game, DON'T GAMBLE x( you'll regret it very very much.

Instead, I've resorted to picking up cans to trade for leftover food, shaggy clothes and bugs. The garbage can game is pretty hilarious and fun, you definitely need gentle fingers with the controls to avoid hitting things you don't want. I love this.

The second game I've played is a reaction style button press. Like Ichiban, I can't stay awake watching a classical concert even though I love listening to classical music, but I do try my hardest not to nod off. The first time seeing this part kinda scared me a bit xD

Oh and I love how they insert a bunch of references any time they can!!

That's all I'll say for now xD I really want everyone to enjoy this!

·
Cool Titles
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
9,254 Posts
One of the best JRPG in years, the unique setting of modern city brings so much more opportunity for creative enemy types. Just you wait till you see stuff that's so ridiculous it'll make your day.

Reactions: Infiniteli

·
Otaku Admin
MONSTER HUNTER RISE
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of the best JRPG in years, the unique setting of modern city brings so much more opportunity for creative enemy types. Just you wait till you see stuff that's so ridiculous it'll make your day.
It was a lot of WTFs???
@JollyStranger you should get on this asap. it's so much fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.