GamingFora banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cool Titlests
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
9,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dog Carnivore Mammal Dog breed Font

“We are thrilled to announce our transformative transaction with Zynga, which significantly diversifies our business and establishes our leadership position in mobile, the fastest-growing segment of the interactive entertainment industry. This strategic combination brings together our best-in-class console and PC franchises, with a market-leading, diversified mobile publishing platform that has a rich history of innovation and creativity.

Zynga also has a highly talented and deeply experienced team, and we look forward to welcoming them into the Take-Two family in the coming months. As we combine our complementary businesses and operate at a much larger scale, we believe that we will deliver significant value to both sets of stockholders, including $100 million of annual cost synergies within the first two years post-closing and at least $500 million of annual Net Bookings opportunities over time.”

Frank Gibeau, CEO of Zynga, added:

“Combining Zynga’s expertise in mobile and next-generation platforms with Take-Two’s best-in-class capabilities and intellectual property will enable us to further advance our mission to connect the world through games while achieving significant growth and synergies together.

I am proud of our team’s hard work to deliver a strong finish to 2021, with one of the best performances in Zynga’s history. We are incredibly excited to have found a partner in Take-Two that shares our commitment to investing in our players, amplifying our creative culture, and generating more value for stockholders. With this transformative transaction, we begin a new journey which will allow us to create even better games, reach larger audiences and achieve significant growth as a leader in the next era of gaming.”

·
OG Member
95 Posts
Had to look up who they were, not a mobile gamer at all but I assume this will actually be a fairly prosperous relationship, as Take Two get a better foothold in the mobile market and Zynga get to keep making the same stuff with a bit more of an audience with the Take Two name.

·
Cool Titlests
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
9,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had to look up who they were, not a mobile gamer at all but I assume this will actually be a fairly prosperous relationship, as Take Two get a better foothold in the mobile market and Zynga get to keep making the same stuff with a bit more of an audience with the Take Two name.
Apparently, the idea is that take-two wants to take more console games to mobile. I don't have problem with that. But man, that's gotta be the biggest acquisition deal in gaming history.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts