GamingFora banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Otaku Admin
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond, Ys: Lacromisa of Dana
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
World Sky Cloud Cartoon Cg artwork

I bought this on Switch cause I never got to finish it on my PSvita.
It was on sale during the Christmas/New Years sales so I figured why not. XD And there were some free DLCs so the more the merrier, though I do miss my PSvita a lot. That console could have done so much better if it weren't promoted so terribly I guess.

Anyway, there was an issue with the game. When it was done downloading (game and DLC), I booted it up and nothing was responding. the landing page was frozen, I thought my switch died. Luckily I could still go back to the Switch main page. Tried it a few times and then I did some googling. Turns out a while back the game and it's DLC was pulled out of the shop because of this bug (3 years ago) but seems like they never fixed it.
The current "Fix" is to delete the software and redownload it, which is a waste of bandwidth but whatever. Water under bridge. It works now, so I'll give this game another shot again.
The music for Ys is fantastic and this game was incredibly fun so I recommend this to anyone that's a fan of old school JRPG.

·
Cool Titlests
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
9,332 Posts
View attachment 1426

I bought this on Switch cause I never got to finish it on my PSvita.
It was on sale during the Christmas/New Years sales so I figured why not. XD And there were some free DLCs so the more the merrier, though I do miss my PSvita a lot. That console could have done so much better if it weren't promoted so terribly I guess.

Anyway, there was an issue with the game. When it was done downloading (game and DLC), I booted it up and nothing was responding. the landing page was frozen, I thought my switch died. Luckily I could still go back to the Switch main page. Tried it a few times and then I did some googling. Turns out a while back the game and it's DLC was pulled out of the shop because of this bug (3 years ago) but seems like they never fixed it.
The current "Fix" is to delete the software and redownload it, which is a waste of bandwidth but whatever. Water under bridge. It works now, so I'll give this game another shot again.
The music for Ys is fantastic and this game was incredibly fun so I recommend this to anyone that's a fan of old school JRPG.

Are the new YS game fun? I played the old ones and enjoyed them a lot. Haven't played any Falcom game for a loooooong time but i was such a huge fan back then, even made a fan game back in college.

·
Otaku Admin
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond, Ys: Lacromisa of Dana
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are the new YS game fun? I played the old ones and enjoyed them a lot. Haven't played any Falcom game for a loooooong time but i was such a huge fan back then, even made a fan game back in college.
Yes they are :) I started with Ys: Seven
I have the new one Ys: Nox on Switch as well. First got it in japanese but didn't feel as immersed with the language reading struggles.

I'll let you know!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts